Thursday, April 11, 2013

The Queen of Hearts with The Mona Lisa Smile

 
Yesterday I finished The Queen of Hearts with The Mona Lisa Smile.
She is 4'X6', weighs just under 100lbs (give or take some) and is a nice example of Pique Assiette - made with white and grey vitreous glass tiles (hand cut into 1/6" tesserae), clear acrylic beads (of various shapes and sizes), crystal and grey glass seed beads, plumbing chain, washers, bolts, decorative trim, antique broaches and chained crystal rhinestone.
Our dining room/table has been my makeshift studio for the past 7 months. I'm very happy that The Queen of Hearts with The Mona Lisa Smile is finished and Marathon Man is very happy that we have The Sunday dinner table back:).
Now it's on to The Poppy Field.

Detail

8 comments:

Jesse said...

Your house could be a museum.

Sue said...

It is amazing!!

Liam said...

COOOOOL!!

Ryan said...

THE BEST!!!!

M said...

Wow!! It makes me think of Princess Diana - another "Queen of hearts. I love the way the eyes 'follow you' with the smile.
'Handy man' gave a double thumbs up of approval when it was hung.

Pamela said...

This is super cool. I love the queen of hearts.

The JR said...

Okay, so this is not grouted? I love-love-love it.

Karen J said...

Thanks so much Ramona!
A lot of blood (cut fingers), sweat and tears went into this one:)