Sunday, April 15, 2012

The Blue Saree Mirror


In January I posted about my creative process and a new design/sample board that was inspired by beautiful Indian Bridal Sarees. This is the finished mirror.
The Blue Saree Mirror is 40.25" in diameter and weighs 25lbs. It's made with hand cut blue vitreous glass tiles, blue and crystal glass seed beads, blue and green acrylic beads, blue/green decorative trim and chained crystal rhinestone. All the elements play beautifully together. The photos really don't do it justice. I like it so much that I've started gathering supplies for a red version:)

4 comments:

M said...

What can one say but beautiful - a piece of art
I can picture it on different backgrounds.

Sue said...

It really is beautiful!

LJ said...

they keep getting better and better!!

Michelle Knight said...

Beautiful piece.
As I also do mosaic (at Mosaïkashop in Montreal), I know how much work this represent.

www.iambabylonia.blogspot.com